Pratt & Whitney GTF™ Engines
At the heart of aviation’s transformation and drive to net zero emissions is a revolutionary concept: a geared fan that fundamentally changed how more sustainable propulsion works. This gear system has quickly become the foundation of our industry’s future and re-set the bar on the good that all other advanced technologies can deliver – from advanced materials to hybrid-electric systems to sustainable aviation fuels.
The GTF engine is the only geared propulsion system in service that is delivering industry-leading sustainability benefits, mature dispatch reliability and world-class operating costs. Simply put, is the quietest, greenest and most efficient family of engines for single-aisle aircraft. With more than 1,100 aircraft and more than 11 million engine flight hours of service experience, the dependable path to growing your business and improving your environmental stewardship is here.
While others promise transformation, the GTF engine has been hard at work in the skies.
A foundational technology for the future
With the gear mastered, the GTF engine will be the foundation for future innovations over the next decade, keeping it at the forefront of sustainable propulsion.
- The only modern geared fan in service today
- Certified for 50% sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) and compatible with 100% SAF
- Technology roadmap includes more advanced materials and hybrid-electric systems
- With the GTF Advantage configuration, the GTF engine will extend its lead as the greenest, most efficient and most capable powerplant for the A320neo family
Sustainability delivered at a quicker pace
The GTF engine is delivering market-leading sustainability benefits right now that will continuously improve in the decades to come.
- Up to 75% reduction in noise footprint
- Up to 50% reduction in NOx emissions
- Up to 20% reduction in CO2 emissions
- More than 6 million metric tonnes of CO2 avoided to date
An engine with exceptional operating costs
The GTF engine’s bold, proven technologies offer unmatched efficiency that is opening new routes and delivering industry-leading utilization.
- Up to 20% reduction in fuel consumption reduces costs and opens longer routes
- More than 600 million gallons (2 billion liters) of fuel saved to date
Dependability that’s a decade ahead
The GTF has achieved a level of maturity that is more than a decade ahead of competitive geared platforms.
- Mature 99.97% dispatch reliability for the A320neo family
- More than 11 million flight hours from more than 3 million flights
- More than 10,000 engine orders and commitments from more than 80 customers
- More than 1,100 aircraft in service with 58 airlines
Reliable and ready service and support
The GTF service network offers personalized plans to support your fleet with the latest in engine health management and advanced analytics. Learn more.
- GTF MRO network with ten active shops worldwide
- Support from 150+ dedicated field representatives
- Customer support available 24/7/365